Mindfulness based techniques are rooted in insight-based contemplative traditions that have been known to promote wellbeing and self-realization. Research has found these approaches to be highly efficacious for a wide range of issues, such as stress reduction, recovery from depression, recovery from addictive substances, unhealthy eating habits, recovery from certain kinds of cancer, skin problems, chronic pain, anxiety, and panic attacks. Focusing on domains such as mindfulness, acceptance, compassion, and insight, mindfulness-based approaches offer the possibility to dissolve stress and suffering, discover our inherent connectedness with life, and awaken to a deeper awareness and understanding.
- Decrease your physical and psychological symptoms.
- Increase your ability to relax.
- Help you regulate your emotions.
- Increase your sense of control over your life.
- Increase your enthusiasm for life.
- Improve your self-esteem.
- Increase your ability to cope with intermittent or chronic pain.
What is Mindfulness?
The ability to be conscious of the
in an open-hearted….
Mindfulness based approaches cultivate awareness with “the aim of helping people live each moment of their lives—even the painful ones—as fully as possible.”
(Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, founder of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction)
What is Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction?
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is an experiential, 8 week course.
Key components include:
- Cultivating awareness.
- Gentle yoga.
What is Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy?
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is an educational and experiential program combining mindfulness meditation with cognitive therapy to better manage symptoms of depression and anxiety, and promote wellness. In the program you will learn to:
- Become aware of, and relate differently to, negative thoughts and difficult feelings.
- Disengage from the cycle of habitual, “automatic” thought and mood patterns that can contribute to depression.
- Approach, rather than avoid, difficulties in your life.
- Lessen self-critical thoughts and judgments.
- Increase a sense of self-mastery.
“To me it was about finding a piece of myself I was not aware existed. It’s amazing the happiness level this has brought into my life.”
–Participant in MBSR course