Our psychiatrists meet with individuals to:
- Assess the need for medications to improve health and optimize functioning. Common symptoms treated may include depression, anxiety, difficulties with concentration, sleep difficulties.
- We aim to practice in the most pharmacologically and diagnostically conservative way possible.
- To provide the best in evidence-based psychiatry to our patients.
- To use a “biopsychosocial” treatment approach, i.e., using not just medication but psychotherapy, education, and social development to effect change.
The initial assessment will include:
- a comprehensive diagnostic assessment.
- a detailed medication review and formulation, with an evidence-based treatment plan
- recommendations on psychosocial interventions.
- education regarding their illness and the full range of available and effective treatments.