At Hanover Psychiatry, we are dedicated to providing state of the art evaluation and treatment services for ADHD. Our multidisciplinary team provides each client with a highly personalized treatment plan based upon the most up to date scientific research. Our comprehensive approach aims to go beyond symptom-focused treatment to teaching skills that will enhance lifelong academic, career, and relationship success.
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is characterized by inattention, impulsiveness and/or hyperactivity. ADHD can significantly impact your ability to function at your maximum potential and may present as:
- Difficulty keeping up with work.
- Poor time management.
- Missing deadlines.
- Depression & anxiety.
- Low self-esteem.
- Workplace or driving accidents.
- Difficulties in relationships.
- Alcohol or substance abuse.
- Psychological Evaluation. At Hanover Psychiatry we are driven to provide the best possible care. Therefore, as the first step of treatment every new client meets with a psychologist for a thorough evaluation.
- Neuropsychological Assessment is valuable in evaluating cognitive strengths and weaknesses that impact your ability to function at your best. Skills assessed include attention, memory, processing speed, and executive functions such as impulse control, problem solving, and more. Neuropsychological evaluation is also helpful to assess whether factors other than ADHD may be impacting a person’s functioning.
- Medical Assessment. Our comprehensive evaluation includes a consultation with one of our psychiatrists when pharmacologic treatment is desired.
Assessment results are used to:
- Establish a diagnosis of ADHD.
- Provide documentation for accommodations in academic or work settings.
- Develop a personalized and evidence based treatment plan.
Compensatory Strategy Training. Evidence based protocols are used to improve skills of time management, organization, planning and other executive functions.
Medication Management. Clients may wish to utilize medications alone or in conjunction with other therapies. Stimulant and non-stimulant options are available.
Psychotherapy. Multiple modalities of psychotherapy are offered, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness based therapy, to address a variety of issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and alcohol/substance abuse.